http://blog.pavlov.net/ is finally working. As I mentioned previously, I switched my blog from my own MovableType install to a hosted wordpress.com account. I got everything imported easily but I’ve had a problem getting my subdomain mapping properly. WP.com tries to verify that the subdomain is setup properly before allowing you to continue, but it was refusing to verify mine which was correct. I’m not sure if the nice support folks were able to figure out what the problem was or if they just bypassed the verification, but I’m finally setup. They were very helpful!
Everything is running smoothly. I’ve been using wordpress.com for about a week now and am quite happy with my choice/. Everything is much faster than my MovableType install ever was. Everyone is well done — the blog editor, stats, and comments especially.
I don’t have any experience with installing my own WordPress setup, but if you’re looking to get your own blog I would highly recommend taking a look at wordpress.com.